Monday, January 5, 2015

Explosion box

This is box that I've made for my boyfriend's birthday. It is actually third explosion box that I made ever. First two were just for trying.

The box and the flower are made from one style thick decorative paper, and the cover of the box is made from another style same set paper. Flower is origami bindweed. Origami is another hobby of mine (or another part of big hand-made stuff hobby), but I don't do much of it.
And here how the box looks exploded. Another side of this decorative paper is blank, so I glued thin decorative paper to it. I also glued some tags on it to write my wishes. In the middle it's the same decorative paper from which the box is made, and I cut the flower on it, bent it back and wrote down my boyfriend's name on it.

The scroll in the middle is made of thin decorative paper and is bind with knitting yarn, from which I also crocheted my scarf. In this scroll is my greetings for my boyfriend. :)







My boyfriend really liked this present and considered it very original. I myself don't consider it very original, because I saw such boxes in many scrapbookers blogs, and I was inspired by them, and really wanted to make one myself. Oh, and there is no washi tape on it too! I really have to feel concern about this! :D

1 comment:

  1. I think I've seen of of your explosion boxes before and I loved the idea. Make a tutorial please, I'd love to make one myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete